Monday, April 9, 2012

Simple Soup!

I must admit that I was quite daring when I made this baby, but TJ is on his 3rd bowl, so that must say something!

Here's what I used:
1 cup chopped turnips
About 1 stalk (is that what you call it?) of fresh thyme and fresh oregano
1 1/2 tbsp ghee
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 cup chopped escarole
4 cups chicken broth

Sautee turnips in ghee until tender. Add mushrooms; continue cooking until all are tender. Add in thyme & oregano. Cook 1 minute. Add chicken broth. When soup comes to a boil, add in escarole. Cook 5 minutes.

Serve alone or with cooked quinoa.

Note:
Of course you can add much more to this dish- like garlic & onions. We left it out because TJ is allergic to both. I felt that the soup was pretty strongly flavored w/o though. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment